Every club must choose a club membership. Please see the descriptions below.
AM CLUBS (Active Membership)
- Faculty advisor who is present at meetings and club activities.
- One on-campus community event a year (assemblies, after school videos, lunches, guest speakers, discussion forum in the center, etc.)
- Participation in a focus month strongly encouraged.
- Club leaders committed to attending leadership workshops and have regular check-ins with the Director of Student Inclusion and Leadership.
- Club leaders are required to attend Mandatory Leadership Training on Friday, August 11, 2017.
- Club meetings occur every rotation in a reserved room.
- Written agenda and minutes are recorded for every meeting and made available to club Advisor or Director of Student Inclusion, Leadership and Civic Engagement, if requested.
Community Service Requirement:
Starting a club on campus is a way to build community around particular interests. In order to both help clubs develop as communities on campus and engage the wider community off campus, this coming school year AM Club leaders and their members will be encouraged as a club to participate in one three-hour service project. At least seven members of the club should attend the project. Clubs leaders, with the help of their membership, will choose a service project from a list of opportunities provided by Public Purpose Program Director Alan Wesson Suárez. Ideally, the project will align with the club’s mission, but club leaders will have the freedom to choose any of the available options provided.
PM CLUBS (Passive Membership)
- Faculty or staff sponsor who supports the club and occasionally attends its meetings. (Exception: Physically active clubs where there is potential for injury must have faculty/staff sponsor present at all meetings and events!)
- Check-ins with Director of Student Inclusion, Leadership and Civic Engagement, if requested.
- Meeting times can be flexible, but if a specific room or space is needed, a room request should be made in advance.
IMPORTANT: LWHS is not responsible for any off-campus events hosted by student clubs.