Stay in one place, out of sight, and not in visible public spaces.Communication
At pre-appointed time, the PA System will announce “This is a lockdown drill,” three times. In the event of an actual intruder on campus, this is when authorities are called.
Teachers lock classroom doors from outside.Step 2—
Students should move to sitting along the interior wall away from windows, flush with the door. (In Shops, as far away from windows as possible)Step 3—
Cover windows on door with large Post-It or Butcher Paper (or whatever paper is available).Step 4—
Put blinds down (if you have room issues with blinds, please let us know after the drill so we can repair as needed)Alternate Spaces
- CAFÉ Students in café head down the stairs to stay in the hall along the PA storage space.
- BATHROOMS Stay put and out of sight; stay in the stall.
- LIBRARY Adults and students move to the back Study Rooms, and cover the windows on the doors.
- GYMNASIUM Move students into Rock Climbing Room.
- CENTER Move students into CCR and lock the door.
Maintenance and Admin will facilitate sweeps during the drill. Drill Ends
Wait for the “All Clear” broadcast.CONTEXT
Intruder comes through front door:
- An intruder on campus is defined as a person (s) who creates disturbances, loiters, appears aggressive, etc.
- Assess the situation—of safe, approach the person and indicate you are a school official.
- Ask the intruder for identification and why they are on campus. Advise them of school policies including signing in and wearing an ID badge.
- Ask the intruder to leave campus; if s/he refuses, inform him/her of your intent to notify law enforcement.
- If the intruder does leave, notify school administration to follow up with Ingleside police and file an incident report.
- If the intruder still does not leave, call 911 and describe the situation. Notify staff to lock down.
Intruder in classroom space:
- Facstaff should calm and reassure the students and seek to diffuse the situation.
- This entails moving students away from intruder, and if safe to do so, try to communicate with the intruder and ask them to leave the classroom/campus.
- If the intruder leaves the classroom, close and immediately block the door. Do not leave the students alone.
- If intruder won’t leave, do not confront him/her, keep the situation as calm as possible, try to connect with another adult via phone, in person as possible.
- School staff should move all students into classrooms and safe spaces and call 911.
- Contact school administrator (phone, radio) and initiate lockdown procedures.
- Keep students calm and out of sight.
- Be prepared to evacuate at any time which will be indicated via the PA.
- Do not leave a safe space until you hear from a trusted LWHS administrator/adult or SFPD.
- Follow directions of SFPD when they arrive.