The McCullough Library is a place where students feed their curiosity, enhance their research skills, sharpen their ability to think logically, and enjoy reading. The mission of the library is to support and enrich the school curriculum, engage the students in the process of lifelong learning, support and encourage lifetime reading habits, and empower students as library users.
With 7,100 square feet of space and seating for 90 students, the library is the campus nexus linking students and faculty to the school's and the world's information resources. The interplay of reflection, creation, and exhibition throughout the library embodies the vitality, creativity, and intellectual richness at LWHS. A connecting place for people and ideas, encouraging the acquisition and generation of knowledge, the library offers an inviting setting that celebrates the importance of books and information in our lives.
Jack McCullough, class of 1925, was president of the Radio Club when he attended LWHS. He went on to make important advances in communications engineering for radio and television, transmission, maritime communications, aircraft guidance, data networks, and satellite links. His interest in literacy and education prompted a generous gift to the LWHS Library.